May 11, 2017
While we may live in safe areas, other parts of the world, like off the Somali coast, remain brutally dangerous.
April 26, 2017
- Plastic surgeon Tori Walters has three more days left on her tour of duty with the Peacemaker. Three more days before she sees her fiancé. What could go wrong?
- Operation Peacemaker is now available for purchase at your favorite vendors. Check it out on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, Google Books, and Smashwords.
April 19 2017
VIctor may think he's shaken all that happened to him in Operation Shadow Box. But has he?
April 14, 2017
- It’s official. Operation Peacemaker is now available for pre-order.
- Meet Suleiman al-Ibrahim, the protagonist for Operation Peacemaker. He lives a life of contradictions, one that will begin unraveling in the novel.
April 6, 2017
The king. Seemingly weak, but strong as well. I think the same goes for those of us who are writers.
March 29, 2017
Like a chess player who works his queen in tandem with the other pieces for ultimate power, the theme of a novel, when used in conjunction with other aspects, can deliver a powerful punch.
March 22, 2017
Just like rooks in chess with their unique ability to castle with a king, the plot of a novel has a unique ability to keep readers turning pages.
March 15, 2017
Like bishops set up along the black and white diagonals in chess, protagonists and antagonists work well together to create an awesome story.
February 16, 2017
Like the knight in the game of chess, research plays a central and critical role in the success of a novel.
January 10, 2017
It's a new year. Wow. Hard to believe. And with the New Year, I kick off my new series about being a game changer in earnest. In the first installment, learn about why a seemingly minor role (the pawn in chess) can be major. The same thing with book quality.
December 6, 2016
At last, I've started my new series. It's about how, as a writer, you can be a game changer.
October 30, 2016
Find out what--or who--has been keeping me from blogging.
October 5, 2016
Whew! It's been a bit since I posted something here. Why? In my next blog post, I'll let the cat, er, dog, out of the bag.
Also, we were on vacation, which allowed me to recreate as well.
August 31, 2016
After a brief hiatus to focus on my day job and writing, I'm back with some final thoughts on The Athena File.
July 21, 2016
Don't let Nicole Chardet's face fool you. She's as dangerous as they come.
July 11, 2016
My day job kept me away last week. But now? Learn more about Jonathan Ward, one of the most dynamic and fun support cast members to have in a story. He's also one who knows the value of family.
June 30, 2016
- David Shepherd has some a bit of a bone to pick with certain people in The Athena File.
June 23, 2016
- The Athena File is now available. Better yet, it's out at all vendors, including Google Play Books.
- Abigail is one tough cookie, which has its own set of difficulties. Meet the lead character in The Athena File.
June 18, 2016
God doesn't want our bargaining. He wants our trust.
June 9, 2016
Who are the stars in your life, and what did they teach you?
June 1, 2016
I'm slightly less than three weeks out from launching The Athena File. As part of my marketing efforts, I'm experimenting with posters. Take a peek at this poster, which is the first of three I'm launching as part of my marketing efforts.
May 26, 2016
Reviews can be easy to write. Find out how. Are you up to my challenge I mention?
May 18, 2016
Theme. It's a delicate balance to produce a solid theme.
May 11, 2016
One of my biggest desires as a writer? To entangle you, the reader, in my plots.
May 6, 2016
I’ve started up my Pinterest page with some items related to my first three indie novels, including videos that are now (gasp!) on my YouTube Channel. I’ve used these as learning tools as I get ready to launch The Athena File. I’ll share as I release more material.
May 4, 2016
I've entered into the brave new world of marketing.
April 27, 2016
What makes a female character strong? These facets.
April 22, 2016
The Athena File is the first book of a trilogy called the Burning Tree Trilogy. Meet the three main characters. Major Abigail Ward is an Army Criminal Investigation Division officer who stumbled in her career yet has come back strong. Her favorite thing? Arresting bad guys. Oh, and cooking for her friends. Jonathan Ward is her brother and a former Green Beret who survived a Taliban attack in Ghazni Province, Afghanistan. Funny thing is, he now works there in private security. David Shepherd is Jonathan’s (former) best friend and fellow survivor of the same attack. The wounds he suffered opened up a number of other issues, and he spent two years on the streets before his sister rescued him.
April 21, 2016
Gradually, very gradually, my grief over losing Aspen is easing.
April 15, 2016
I’m pleased to announce that my newest novel, entitled The Athena Project, will be arriving on June 21, 2016, just in time for summer reading. As the date gets closer, I’ll be posting more information on this page, so stay tuned for more details.
March 22, 2016
Friday night, we said good-bye to Aspen, our female basenji.
March 2, 2016
- This past weekend, I had the privilege of hanging out with a great group of writers at our annual American Christian Fiction Writers beach retreat at North Topsail Island, NC. I learned a lot from Lisa Carter and Alice Wisler. Thank you two for a great time.
- Do you like suspense? Check out this new book by Rich Bullock, Shattered Glass. Great book, great writer.
February 16, 2016
Have you ever been embarrassed by typos? You too can stamp them out.
February 2, 2016
Find out how I almost ruined my next novel.
January 20, 2016
Prayer does work. I'm convinced.
January 8, 2016
The New Year has arrived. What does your year look like? Find out about mine what what's planned in terms of writing.