Thank you for your interest in my blog. Think of commenting on this blog like a conversation. I start with my post. Then you and others share your thoughts with me. I welcome pretty much all comments, but they must fall within the comment policy.
- Posting anonymously is fine. Though I don’t recommend this practice, you may do so if you wish. I may change this rule if it is abused.
- You may post follow-up questions. I welcome additional questions since others may have the same thoughts. Many times, asking questions via the blog post allows readers to see my answers all at once. Please do your best to place questions on the blog unless you are the only one who wants to receive the answer due to privacy issues. Then you may e-mail me.
- You may disagree with me. This is fine. However, if you do so with me or anyone else, maintain respect. There is already too much shouting in the public square to tolerate it on this website.
- I reserve the right to delete your comments. While I’m a big fan of the First Amendment, please keep in mind that this is my blog and that I do not have an obligation to publish your comments.
I will delete your comments if you post something that is, in my sole opinion, (a) snarky; (b) off-topic; (c) libelous, defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, profane, pornographic, offensive, false, misleading, or which otherwise violates or encourages others to violate my sense of decorum and civility or any law, including intellectual property laws; or (d) “spam,” i.e., an attempt to advertise, solicit, or otherwise promote goods and services. However, I’m fine if you wish to post a link to your site or your most recent blog post.
- You retain ownership of your comments. I do not own them, and I expressly disclaim any and all liability that may result from them. By commenting on my site, you agree that you retain all ownership rights in what you post here and that you will relieve me from any and all liability that may result from those postings.
- You grant me license to post your comments. This license is worldwide, irrevocable, nonexclusive, and royalty free. You grant me the right to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format, including but not limited to a blog, in a book, a video, or presentation.
In short, I’ve implemented this comment policy to promote respectful dialogue among people who have a sincere desire to learn from others and share their thoughts and question in an honest, caring way.